Oh no, not again!

The Rubber Chicken having his revenge was so improbable that he was turned into a bowl of lemons wrapped around a large gold brick. Afterwards, when being interviewed by the Leopard, he was heard to say, "Oh no, not again!"

Sunday, October 03, 2004

NEWS FLASH!!!!

Well, today has proven to be a rather interesting day...

I was making my way through the new DVD boxed set of Star Wars (which btw is well worth it... plug plug plug... :-)

When I decided to take some time out from my 'busy' schedule to check email.

Oh boy did I get a surprise.

You see, about three months ago, I was in a bit of an emotional state (as one does) and a chunk of poetry just seemed to flow from my pen that day. I changed the name on the dedication to Kathryn (Kath, if you're reading this, it was NOT written for you, rather someone who doesn't actally share your name... it was the pseudonym I came up with at the time) and entered it in a competition in the States.

Well bugger me if I haven't made the final 200 short-list!

First prize is around $35,000 US... hmmm No, I don't think I have much chance of winning that big one.

You can view the poem by visiting http://www.poetry.com/ and searching for me by name.

OK, so here is the point at which my anonymity ceases to exist I guess...

Fitzherbert, John just fill in the relevant fields (last name, first name) and it should work. I did try pasting a direct link here, but apparently the poetry.com website does not like that. Oh well, you can't please everyone all of the time eh?

So, now they want me to submit an original piece for their anthology. Guess I'll be busy tonight. Here's hoping that first prize also includes some airfares and accomodation tickets... OK, calm down, there are 199 other people with their eyes on that prize.

But the chicken is very happy with me, for now.

3 Comments:

At October 2, 2004 at 10:39 PM, Blogger Lioness said...

Hey, congrats!!! And good luck!

 
At October 3, 2004 at 10:24 AM, Blogger CarpeDM said...

I'm out on the poetry.com website as well. I'll go and check yours out. I was also chosen to be selected in the anthology and ended up purchasing the volume. So I didn't win but I can honestly say that I have been published.

I like the poem. Good luck, maybe you'll win. That would be cool.

Both of mine are under Vittum, Dana. Flask is the one in the book.

 
At October 4, 2004 at 2:16 PM, Blogger lilybee said...

Always knew there was the touch of the old Will S. in you, at least my interpretation of the bard. The old fashioned romantic who could wax lyrical with the pen, or more precisely, keyboard, in all forms of prose, written or poetic, as licence of all sorts can, and should be, taken. Good luck, in all ventures.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home