Oh no, not again!

The Rubber Chicken having his revenge was so improbable that he was turned into a bowl of lemons wrapped around a large gold brick. Afterwards, when being interviewed by the Leopard, he was heard to say, "Oh no, not again!"

Saturday, October 02, 2004

The Letter

This was delivered anonymously, written in an old style font, on pink paper.

To Rubber Chicken

I promised myself that I would not lower myself to this, but this is something that can no longer be denied. Maybe if I give into them in some small part, they will no longer keep me from restful slumber.
For I have been watching you. With anger at first. For I thought it was arrogance on your part, to look down on the rest of us from your lofty perch there in the staff room. To then show off with death defying acrobatics from the rafters, or do Houdini in reverse and get yourself into impossible situations. Even show your contempt for that which would normally have our kind fluffing our feathers in horror, the dreaded gladwrapped snadwich! After which you would return to your lofty perch to continue to gaze down uopn we lesser beings.
But then there was your ice experience, and even I could not believe than anyone could be that naturally cold-hearted. It was not contempt for us, but a quietly suffering silence on your part. Was there another darker hand involved in such foul play? This required a change of opinion.
Then to see you the other day, driven to seek solace in drugs such as nicotine. Or was this a manifestation of a 'bad boy' image, such as Jimmy Dean would show? Either concept required a rethink on my part.
So I must write to you, to show that you are not alone in the world, that there are sympathetic souls out there, to offer you encouragement and support. So show courage in the face of adverse situations that would pluck your strength from you.

Poly (Polymer) Poultry.

*message ends*

So... my initial feeling was wonder, but after reading more carefully, I felt a deep gratitude for whoever had taken the time and effort to construct such a piece. Of course, I still find myself wondering who Poly really is... sometimes I think I know, but then... I really want to be 99% certain of this before doing anything, so it could take a while!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home