Oh no, not again!

The Rubber Chicken having his revenge was so improbable that he was turned into a bowl of lemons wrapped around a large gold brick. Afterwards, when being interviewed by the Leopard, he was heard to say, "Oh no, not again!"

Friday, September 03, 2004

Living in the Past?

There is a common misconception amongst those I chance to meet at social occasions, or perhaps even those I lived with during my early University years. Of course, it is a relatively simple conclusion to reach that someone who wears a suit to uni (well... it cost me $8 and it had nice pockets...) with a pocket watch (a gift from a fellow philosopher, long story.) spends time researching history as a pastime (well, that stuff is interesting!) and acts in a chivalrous manner (I would prefer to refer to it as ethically different, but chivalrous is fine for now)... IS LIVING IN THE PAST.

Hmmm... I believe I am alive, anyone with information to the contrary please contact my next of kin immediately, and it is 2004. So, I should be forgiven for thinking that I am living in the present... or do logical arguments not count as valid in this situation? Forgive me, I was under the impression that we were playing on a level surface.

I do not in any way consider being chivalrous living in the past. Nor do I consider pocketwatches old fashioned. Just as each and every reader of this page is entitled to make their own decisions on how to dress and how to act towards others, so am I. If, for no reason other than PERSONAL PREFERENCE, I choose to be this way, accept it. I'm not interfering with you in any way, I'm not being offensive and I'm most certainly not trying to force my morals down your throat.

Heed this message and the Chicken promises to remain your friend.

The wrath of the Rubber Chicken is not to be trifled with.

Go in peace.

1 Comments:

At September 2, 2004 at 7:57 PM, Blogger Lioness said...

- Bridgeport?
- No, Camelot.

Nothing wrong with being chivalrous, absolutely nothing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home